Friday, July 10, 2009

Paid. In. Full. and more.

at last! today is the big day! well not the big day, but a big day still! Today marks the end of the money process! Tomorrow I will mail in my remaining balance to be PAID IN FULL!!! Looking back over the past 2 months, it's pretty incredible and my gratitude cannot be put into complete words. What has been so amazing to me and what I've been eager to share is the range over which this $4,500 and supporting prayers come from. 12 [my favorite number] states to my knowledge. I'm an incredibly lucky girl. So thanks to the following states, and those that represent them!
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Indiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Wisconsin
And I know many more of you have been sending thoughts and prayers my way. I just cant tell you how grateful I am.

As I mentioned originally, I hoped to go into this money part using my savings for some and hoping others would join in the journey. Some of you may be curious how it ended up - 42/58! God has done great things and taught me much in this process. I havent felt stressed at all about the money side of this, and yet even now I'm realizing how fear has held me back. Sitting here, I can think of 5 people off the top of my head who said YES they wanted to help financially and I was too afraid to follow up! Oy! Silly me! the good thing is that whether you donated, prayed, contacted me, or perhaps did nothing at all, if you're reading this, you ARE a part of this! I'm thankful that you even know about it, that you might get to learn about a place and a people you've never considered before. I couldnt begin to imagine what each person who's heard of this trip will gain/think/consider/etc. I guess that's why I'm so excited. Because I'm not one for irony & coincidence. If you're reading this, it's for a reason. And to know that something is happening in your life - no matter how big, small, intention, unintention, no matter when it shows up or makes its reason known - its a crazy great thing.

And so here I am. July 10, 2009. I fly to uganda in TEN days!!!

Before I hang up for the day, in case there is anyone reading (not sure how likely this is, but just in case!) this who is upset that you didnt get a check in the mail, there are still ways to be involved. Financially speaking, you can still mail a check - but it would need to be made out to me & it would no longer be tax-deductible. OR (and truly the better option) you can mail checks directly to Sweet Sleep (or me & I will pass them on) - made out to Sweet Sleep but with nothing in the memo line - this money would go directly to helping build more beds (and there is always a need for more beds!) Everyone else, prayers are always welcome and maybe start doing some research of your own if this has piqued your interest. Maybe next time, you'll be the one going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment