Friday, July 17, 2009

Advice & tips for the trip?!

well, here I am, just finishing my breakfast before my final day of work before the trip. it's pretty exciting. I havent really let myself think a lot about the trip this week because when I do, nothing gets done and I cant sleep. So it's quite the nice thought to know in 10 hours, I'll be able to completely focus on getting ready. I'm a little nervous about getting my medicine refilled... they've been a bit of a hassle recently but hopefully when I speak to them today, it will work out. I'm eager to get to packing, to get to shopping for all the random stuff I need to pack. So I guess my question for you all is: for anyone that's been to africa (or is there now!) or to anyone who's been out of the country recently, I'm looking for traveling tips, best ways to pack you've thought of, or advice you can give on things that made your trip better! Thanks in advance for your tips & thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Do you still want any international travel tips? I have several, but I'll give you this one with a funny story for your blog:
    We traveled to spain for a missions trip and put our converter kit (for electricity) into our carry-on bag on the way home (somehow we lost space in the check-in bags). When we went through security we got stopped cause the kit is an all-in-one plastic box. It looks really weird. They were very suspicious. That cleared, but as we were getting onto the plane, Micah was picked out for a random search. The security guy laughed at our box of cookies and then got really serious as he saw the converter kit. We tried to explain but (even if we could remember anything from high school spanish i don't think they ever covered "converter kit") we didnt know enough to do any good. With a strange look on his face, he held the kit away from him and slowly opened it as he peered inside. Then realized what it was and let us go to our flight. Moral of the story: ALWAYS back your converter kit in you check-in luggage (cause you don't want to try to explain to some guy in a language that you dont know that you dont have a bomb)

    ReplyDelete