Monday, July 6, 2009

2 weeks and counting.

Hey everyone/anyone :) just a quick note. Two weeks from right now I'll be on a plane to Brussels with 20 strangers (well... I guess like 300 strangers, but you get what I mean). I'm definitely counting down the days (okay... again, I guess I've been counting down the days since April). I just had a good friend get back from a mission trip from Greece and while I dont know if I'd categorize this trip a mission trip (somehow that term only seems appropriate if going through a church, which this is not) but still, it makes me excited still.

I'm currently out of town for work, so sitting in my hotel. I'm hoping and praying that a little more support/donation money will come in while I am out of town working. I have just shy of $1,000 to go... so anything that comes in this week will be amazing, and then I'll cover the difference. If no further donations come in, that would put me about 50/50 - 50% donations, 50% savings. But I'm not begging for your money, just offering an outlet if you're looking for a way to make a difference, which your money toward this cause will certainly do.

Either way, I leave in two weeks and am eager to see what happens from there. I'll probably start packing this weekend, simply out of excitement, and wanting to make sure that absolutely nothing is forgotten... and hopefully that will give me time to also not overpack!

Well, dear friends from Wisconsin will be here soon. On vacation in Texas, they decided to route their return trip through this little town I'm camped out in all week - so incredibly generous of them. If anyone reading this wants to make a last minute donation, email me immediately: theugandajourney@gmail.com and I will tell you where to send the check and please let me know if a check is in the mail so I can know how much my portion of the last bit will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment