Friday, August 7, 2009

The Playlist.

I love music. It holds a very special place in my heart. Leading up to the trip to Uganda, I kept an ear open for songs that inspired me along the way, for lyrics that said what I wanted to or wished for or could relate to. It turned out to be a small playlist, only 8 songs, but every time I listened to it in Uganda, and every time I've listened to it since returning home - it somehow uplifts every ounce of me. Like I cant help but smile and sing and just enjoy being cheered.
I thought I'd share it with you. I'd burn you a cd, but I think my old boss would hunt me down and hurt me! So, the lesser of the two evils, I'll just post the list here & the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. [feel free to pay $8 and buy the songs and create the playlist yourself!]

"Sweep Me Away" - Charlie Hall
"The More" - Downhere
"The Word" - Sara Groves
"The One Thing I Know" - Sara Groves
"Incorruptible" - Watermark
"Give Me Words to Speak" - Aaron Shust
"Trinity" - Jennifer Knapp
"Beautiful Redemption" - Joy Williams

"The More" by Downhere, off the album Wide-Eyed and Mystified
I met you like a little child
Wide-eyed and mystified
That you could love even me
So I'm here to testify
That it's been an amazing ride with you
And I have never walked alone
Wanna give you every moment, every minute
It takes a lifetime to know you, to know you

And the more you show me, the more you grow me
The more your glory becomes all there is
And the more I know you, the more I need you
The more I love you, the more you become to me

Fast-forward to the golden years
A smaller pride and a bigger fear
But still, no way are we done yet
I pray that you would keep me mystified,
In every way that I will still abide in you
Till you come to take me home
Wanna give you every moment, every minute
And take a lifetime to know you, to know you

Wanna give you every moment, every minute
I'll take a lifetime to know you
Hold me Lord, keep me
Draw me closer every moment of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment