Saturday, August 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Dear friends, family, and anyone else :)

It's 7:43pm Little Rock time on Saturday, August 1st. I'm quite proud of this fact. This is the first time I've actually been awake to see evening hours in the past 3 days since I made it home. In traveling to Uganda, my body had one heck of a time adjusting. Sadly enough, it's having an even harder time adjusting back. I know this adjustment period is normal, but that doesnt make me like it any better! My only peaceful meals so far seem to be breakfast. My stomach argues with everything else the rest of the day. And its been such a fight to merely stay awake long enough until its reasonable to go back to bed - a sad waste it seems where I have not spent the time journaling & recording & processing my genuine thoughts from the trip. And then there's my poor friends here in little rock. I've only seen 3 of them so far and I havent been much company! More like the zombie I'm sure my teammates also resemble in some form or fashion. Hopefully they've been more personable that I have! To the ever so expected first question, "so, how was the trip?", my grand thoughts (note the sarcasm) have come out in one word... normally "fine" or "good". Weak I tell you! Oh, and not to mention, one would think I've lost my voice in addition to my inability to speak. It seems i've lost the typical loud speaking volume. Not that I considered myself an overly loud person to begin with, but most people I've interacted with have had to ask me to repeat myself because the first time I spoke too softly. That was something that seemed odd to me...the whole speaking outloud feeling odd.
Anyway, all this to say, amidst my attempts to stay awake long enough to begin building my thoughts about the trip, I have been thinking much of those of you who helped make this trip possible, whether through financial donations, prayers, encouraging words, etc. I am eager to share many things with you, it's just a bit of a slower process than I forsaw. So please bear with me and keep checking back :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment